MODEL NO.: SR-09A
At the end of this post, you will learn :
SR-09A Pimple Pen works best at the first signs of new pimple. If you know from past experience that a sore spot or red bump may turn into a pimple, reach for this device right away. Pimples treated by this device can fade or disappear within just 24 hours.
With two to three treatment cycles of 2.5 minutes, spread over 12 to 24 hours, this device helps shorten pimple’s life cycle. Your face will look clearer. What’s more, the shorter the life of a pimple, the less chance it has to leave a scar.
Use SR-09A Pimple Pen at the first sign of a pimple. Many pimples get better after one treatment. This means the blemish gets smaller or the soreness of the blemish decreases. If necessary, treat the same pimple again after 4 to 12 hours. You may treat the pimple a third time 4 to 12 hours later. Consider treating once in the evening, once again in the morning, and a third treatment the following evening if necessary.
Don’t pick or squeeze the pimples, as this will not help the healing process and could lead to skin repture and scarring.
It should not be used by people with severe acne. Blackheads and whiteheads are not pimples, and this model will not work on them. The key to getting the best results is to treat pimples as early as possible
* This device will not work when used on blemishes such as blackheads or whiteheads.
* This device should not be used by persons with severe nodular or cystic acne.
Directions for use
Gently remove the cap. Using a clean cloth, wipe the Treatment Probe with warm soapy water or alcohol (always clean the Treatment Probe before use).
Use this device only for pimples. Do not use it for skin lesions such as moles, warts or ingrown hairs.
STEP 1 Insert battery
Push down battery cover at back side of the unit to insert 1pc AA battery. Put battery polarity follows up the symbol on battery compartment.
STEP 2 Press the Power Button
A one-tone Power On sound indicates this model is starting. Power Indication light (Green) turns on and working Indication light (Blue) is sparkling at frequency of 0.5Hz, 1 flash every 2 seconds.
STEP 3 Await Ready sound (around 30seconds)
The Working Indication light changes to flash at a high
frequency of 1.5Hz, 3 flashes every 2 seconds with
Bi-Bi-Bi Ready sound per one second. This is to indicate that it has reached the target treatment temperature, and is ready for use.
STEP 4 Press the Start Button
Pressing the Start Button changes Working Indication light from flashing to continuous blue. And the Blue light under probe starts working. There is Bi-Bi sound per 6 seconds indicates it is initiating a treatment cycle.
Note: The unit will power off automatically with three Bi---Bi---Bi sounds if the Starting Button is not pressed within 15 seconds.
STEP 5 Place and hold on pimple
Gently place the Treatment Probe directly on the pimple (pushing hard does not affect treatment and may make temporary redness last longer).
One treatment last 2.5 minutes roughly. After one treatment, the unit goes to STEP 3 automatically. Press Start Button to start another treatment
After finishing all treatments, press the Power Button. A one-tone Power Off sound will let you know it is turned off.
- During working, when battery voltage is low, the unit stops working automatically and Power Indication light begins to sparkle. After 5 seconds, the unit shuts off automatically.
- After treatment, you may see redness where the Treatment Probe touched your skin. This is normal and should fade within a few hours.
- Within 4 to 24 hours of the first treatment of a pimple, you should notice that the pimple gets smaller, less red and/or less tender.
- CONTACT your health care professional and stop using it if you have an adverse reaction from using it. If you do not get medical advice, your reaction may get worse. Consult your physician before using it if you are also using any oral or topical antibiotic, or a product or medicine that may abrade or cause your skin to be sensitive to heat.
- Keep it away from WATER.
- DO NOT use it on or around the eyes or lips. These very sensitive areas of the face may make the use of it too painful. You may experience significant skin redness and swelling or even burns.
- ALWAYS closely supervise the use of this device on or by children. It may not be safe for use on young children with sensitive skin. Burns or injury may result.
- ALWAYS clean the Treatment Probe before use. It helps avoid spreading germs. Germs can cause infections.
- DO NOT overuse this device. Overuse could result in burns or injury.
- DO NOT use it if you think your blemish is worse after use of the device or if the blemish looks different than is described in this manual. If you are concerned about any change in your skin, contact your health care professional.
- Do not use it if your skin is sensitive to heat, sun or chemicals, because it uses heat to treat pimples and the heat may damage your skin. Test your skin’s reaction to this device’s heat level by first testing it on your forearm.
Risks and Benefits
This device is for the treatment of individual pimple. It is a handheld device that gives a precise heat dose and specific blue light to individual pimple. It quickly makes pimples fade or disappear with NO major side effects.
Many tests reported no major side effects. However, some side effects which might occur are brief soreness due to heat, brief skin redness, or dryness or peeling of skin.
In addition, some side effects not listed may occur. They usually do not require medical attention. If you notice any other side effects, check with your health care professional.
- DO NOT leave this device in high heat, humidity, or direct sunlight.
- DO NOT drop or subject it to strong bumps or knocks. It is a precise device, and product performance may be damaged.
- To clean the Treatment Probe, wipe with a clean cloth and warm soapy water or alcohol. DO NOT use abrasives or chemicals. Water, abrasives, or chemicals can damage it and may result in product failure.
- Please note that facial hair may prevent full and complete contact with the pimple. It is important to have full and constant contact with the pimple during the treatment cycle.
- If your skin is light, you may be more likely to have redness around the treatment area. In almost all cases, such redness is normal and should not cause alarm. If you experience an adverse reaction, stop using it and contact your health care professional.